Denial management is a challenge for every healthcare organization – whether it’s managing clinical denials that require additional research and dedicated resources, or seeking a solution to automate the time-consuming aspects of working technical denials. The appeals process can be time-consuming, too—and it can be difficult to identify the most important denials and determine the true cost/benefit of appealing them.
In this podcast featuring Judy Monestime, DBA, RHIA, CDIP, CPC,CPC-I, tackle the challenges brought on by denials. In this presentation, Judy will:
- Review key denial-related benchmarks
- Discuss the value of improving the denial-management process.
- Identify the critical components of denial management.
- Examine ways to improve prospective denial avoidance and retrospective appeal processes.
- Explore how technology can help streamline and enhance current denial-management efforts.